We invite all members of ICAPGen to its second annual networking luncheon. This event provides an opportunity for those interested in earning the Accredited Genealogist® credential to talk and eat with AG®professionals and get more insight as to the application and testing process, as well as learn more of the practical benefits of credentialing.
We hope to have many Accredited Genealogist professionals in attendance to help interested candidates learn more about becoming part of our group. This was a popular event last year, and we encourage early registration to ensure your seat at our table.
Lunch will be held on Friday, July 29 the concluding day of the BYU Conference on Family History, from noon to 1:30 p.m. on the BYU Conference Center Patio. (You do not have to be a conference participant to attend the luncheon, however.) The menu will include an Islander Buffet: Kalua Pork, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Sticky Rice, Stir Fry Vegetables, House Garden Salad, Macaroni Salad, and Hawaiian Rolls with Sweet Cream Butter, followed by BYU Creamery Ice Cream as dessert. Cost for the event is $20. Tickets may be purchased at: familyhistory.ce.byu.edu, and the last day to sign up is July 26th.
Would you like to be a part of ICAPGen℠ activities? We have a number of opportunities for volunteers and would love to have you join one of our committees. You don’t need to live in the Salt Lake area to be a part of things. Much of our work can be done remotely–in fact I am writing this from a small town in California!
We have needs for those who are already Accredited Genealogist® professionals, and also those who are not yet accredited. If any of these roles are a good fit for you, just let us know by contacting the Study Group Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Testing Committee at email@example.com. Here are a few of our volunteer needs:
Study Group Committee
- Study Group Secretary – Maintain data about persons wanting to join the ICAPGen Study Groups. Check the Study Group email regularly and respond to emails. Share information with the Study Group Committee Chair.
- Study Group Co-Team Leader – Participate and organize monthly meetings via Google Hangouts for a period of 3 months. Discussion topic material will be provided. This position is a 3 to 6-month commitment. Qualifications: Must be an Accredited Genealogist professional or have passed Level 1.
- Executive Testing Committee Secretary – Take notes in test committee meetings. Send emails. Follow up on task list assignments. Keep the committee focused. Qualifications: Must be an Accredited Genealogist professional and able to keep confidences.
- Test Proctor Coordinator – Contact pre-AG professionals and create a list of persons interested in proctoring ICAPGen quarterly exams. Schedule proctors, remind proctors of commitment and send thank you notes to proctors.
- Oral Review Scheduler – Contact experts to participate in Oral Review. Coordinate scheduling with experts and applicant. Schedule Oral Reviews in the FHL or via Skype. Notify Testing Committee of Oral Reviews scheduled. Oral Reviews are typically scheduled quarterly with one to four scheduled each quarter.