Robert Kehrer worked for 12 years as a molecular geneticist identifying disease genes by building very large family pedigrees. He has an MBA and worked for 7 years at Apple managing strategic alliances and driving market strategy in the sciences.
For the last 5 years Robert has worked for FamilySearch as a product manager in the Family History Library, overseeing the public APIs, and managing the development of FamilySearch.org beta. He is currently the senior product manager of search technologies for FamilySearch.
Presenting: FamilySearch: Effective Search Techniques and Sound Research Practices
- Types of data searched at FamilySearch
- Historical Documents, Lineage linked conclusion data, FamilySearch Catalog, Scanned Books
- How data is acquired, made searchable, it’s accuracy, location coverages
- Searching name indicies
- Browsing record images
- Sound research practices
- Dealing with name spelling variations
- Researching an entire family, not a single individual
- A single surname deep study
- The FamilySearch Wiki